Mediatonic is a leading independent developer, focused on building and operating live games. We’ve been in business for 13 years and with a development team of over 120 people, we’re one of the largest independent studios in the UK. With studios in London, Brighton and Madrid, we’re committed to developing best in class titles that entertain millions of players.
We are looking for experienced server engineers to join our team help us build server technologies that power games played by millions of people all around the world.
Our experienced team creates highly scalable and resilient backend services built on cloud infrastructure. We take a huge amount of pride in what we do, focusing on technical quality and leveraging some of the latest technology and techniques.
We’re always looking to solve new technical challenges, whether it be real-time multiplayer on mobile or creating industry-leading tools that enable teams to continuously tune and update live games.
We value the ability to write reliable software and solve difficult problems over experience with a particular language so consider any background and can train you up in our stack. Primarily we develop microservices in dotnet core running on Docker containers on Linux managed with Kubernetes.
We have intermediate and senior positions available for applicants with the following core abilities:
- Highly proficient with C# .NET, or equivalent such as PHP, Java, C++ or Python with an interest of working in the modern dotnet core ecosystem
- Experience developing online games, apps, websites or other online services
- An understanding of cloud computing and scalable software
Familiarity with good development practices (source control, automated testing)
- Passion; for gaming or online services in general. We're looking for someone who genuinely cares about the quality of the work they produce.
These skills are a plus but not required:
- Knowledge of Redis, Azure Document, AWS DynamoDB, SQL or Elasticsearch.
- Experience building and deploying applications to the Microsoft Azure or AWS platforms
- An understanding of the techniques used for building high performance, scalable software
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated build procedures
- Knowledge of Unity, C++, Android or iPhone development
- Design, implement, deploy and manage scalable and high-availability backend services
- Collaborate closely with client-side engineering team and game designers to plan game features
- Contribute to the full game development lifecycle from design, planning, implementation, deployment and live operations
- Troubleshoot and optimise live systems
- Explore and learning new technologies, and contributing to studio-wide best practises
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry. We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
Working in small and ambitious teams we strive for minimal hierarchy. Our philosophy is open and informal whilst also being really hardworking.
- Salary based on experience.
- Permanent contract, full-time job and excellent Social Benefits.
- Career-development opportunities.
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a growing company.
- Awesome trips to our London office.
- Excellent local working conditions, great location in Madrid.