The Art Coordinator organizes the communication between the Art department and other departments, as well as the management of external vendor art assets, managing priorities, maintaining pace and quality and bringing clarity to the production process. He/She has excellent aesthetic, communication and 2D/3D production skills.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
• Strong fundamental 2D art skills
• 3D experience, object modeling / environment modeling is a plus! (Maya preferred)
• Asset management and tracking experience required
• Expertise in Agile methodology.
• Able to provide accurate estimations.
• Strong communication skills (Spanish is a plus).
• Problem solver proactive at spotting potential risks and solving them before the become real.
• Passion for games and deep understanding of business surrounding videogame industry.
• 3 to 5 years game development experience necessary.
• Previous experience working with internal and external vendors and providing clear direction and feedback.
• Create clear asset briefs and review incoming work
• Work with the internal art team to communicate the aesthetic style, templates and processes
• Track and provide clear, visual feedback on assets from initial planning stages to final delivery
• Asset management: make sure assets are saved, uploaded, tested, named and tagged correctly
• Ensure that files are clean and easy to use (clearly named PSD layers, clean 3D files, etc.)
• Keep source files organized (2D and 3D)
• Document new processes
• Sustain friendly and clear communication between the art team and other team Leads
• Stay aware of schedules and priorities
• Manage and update asset libraries
• Balance deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements
• Identify potential problems in the art pipeline and work with Art leads and Production to prevent them