Let’s make games better together. Are you up for the challenge? Here are some specifics on what we are looking for…
You will be the level design specialist within the development team of a new multi-platform Multiplayer shooter franchise. The ideal candidate has an intrinsic passion for achieving the best results, the drive to support their teammates in conquering the toughest challenges in the industry, and is well-versed in the purpose and design of great multiplayer levels that engage users in amazing shooter combat.
- 2+ years experience in the games industry working in a level design capacity, with at least one title published.
- Demonstrable ability to design and conceptualize creative and interesting 3D game levels.
- Understanding level creation/editing packages (preferably Unreal 4).
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test the viability of concepts
Strong working knowledge of game design systems, level flow, engagement, environmental storytelling, playtesting, etc.
- You have a full understanding of the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game experience. In addition, you also have full knowledge of the player interaction with the gameplay elements, and you are able to define those in a way that enhances the gameplay experience.
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game.
- Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques.
Passion for making and playing games.
- Working experience using an object-oriented scripting language (or preferably, Unreal’s Blueprint system).
- Shipped AAA game(s) is a plus.
- Conceptualize, design, direct, and build levels for a brand new multiplayer shooter game with huge playspaces and a lot of player interaction through class-based combat.
- Create design documentation for level design, level layouts and 3D block-outs for in-engine playtesting.
- Implement areas of the game including layout, prop placement and other gameplay related entities.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game design.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in laying out environments.
- Work closely with the art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive.
Be a positive influence on the entire team and as a Designer and promote the ultimate promise to deliver fun.
We're located in Barcelona one of the world's top 10 cities to live. More accurately, we're based at Mediapro at the Imagina Building in the 22@ Innovation District. We're surrounded by some of the most innovative and amazing tech companies in the city, very close by the beach and in a district full of life and with access to all kind of services.
We're a growing studio driven by passion and love for the video games medium. We work in a near-flat meritocratic structure with a lot of agency and possibilities of self-realization. We believe that every member of a development team should feel ownership of the product they are helping make real. As so we also have in place product results-based bonuses on top of competitive salaries.
We're a young studio with a single goal in mind: make the best experience possible to our players. To achieve that we build collaborative, goal-oriented teams that work to achieve the best value for the player. As so we encourage initiative, participation, and criticism as a means of peer and product growth and knowledge sharing.
THE LITTLE THINGS
Working as a Breacher and under the Mediapro umbrella will allow you to enjoy all the benefits of The Breach Studios employees such as a personal training budget, including language courses, company team sports, access to a fantastic gym, company events, and more!