We are looking for a Senior 3D Environment Artist to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
As Senior Environment Artist you will use your expertise in art principles and computer packages in being responsible for high-quality original artwork that often displays innovative solutions when answering briefs. You will be able to take high-level creative direction and estimate, schedule and execute relevant level-of-detail artwork, depending on the stage of the creative process. You will be able to help mentor more junior artists and work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
- Able to integrate assets and textures produced in Unity respecting the technical and artistic constraints
- Able to accurately plan and estimate workload
- Able to verify the work-quality once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Able to communicate with the level designers and modify game-assets to their requirements.
- Efficiently uses texture space and takes into consideration pixel ratio.
- Efficiently uses texture space and takes into consideration the texel density for lightmap UVs
- Able to take a block out from Level Designers and turn it into a fully lit and crafted level following technical and artistic constraints
- Being familiar and comfortable with agile-methodologies
- Strong artistic ability to visualize entire levels in detail with minimal concept art and direction
- Extensive knowledge of Unity 2019.3
- Excellent understanding of art fundamentals - compositions, shape language, color theory
- Proficiency in Autodesk Maya 2019
- Understanding the necessity of technical constraints
- Excellent knowledge of modeling techniques and texture mapping such as:
- Strong polygonal modeling skills- able to generate clean models efficiently.
- Knowledge of Substance Designer and Painter as well as Photoshop
- Bonus Requirement: Good knowledge of Unity 2019.3’s lightmap tool and other related lighting tools in the engine
- Bonus Requirement: Fundamental Z-Brush skills
- Version Control, Perforce and GiT
- Ability to mentor more junior artists
- Able to take ownership over certain aspects of the game
- 3+ years of professional experience in games, modeling environments using Maya, or related experience/software
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer industry leading salaries, flexible working hours including remote working and other benefits such as private healthcare and dental care.