8-Bit Studio is looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join us in the making of Skara - The Blade Remains.
What is Skara? A next-gen multiplayer figthing game aiming to become huge in the eSports scene. Take a look at our gameplay trailer:
8-Bit Studio is a small game development company full of talent (20-30 employees) located near the center of Barcelona. We can offer a great creative environment to make Triple A games with the spirit of an indie company. In Skara, developers have the creative control of the project, and we want you to be a part of it.
· Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
· Good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or any C++ game engine.
· Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
· 3 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game.
· Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce.
· Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
· Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
· Able to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
· Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
· Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Passionate about playing and making games. Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly prototype gameplay features.
Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organizing and planning their own work.
Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
· Permanent contract, full-time job and Career-development opportunities.
· An exceptional and motivating working environment within some of the best talent in games development.
· One of the best projects available in Spain; Skara is a challenging, high quality and rewarding project to be a part of.
· Great and friendly working environment (come to visit us and watch it by yourself)
Interested applicants should send their CV to: email@example.com