In Starloop we are currently seeking an experienced 2D Artist that has concept experience with creating a diverse visual range of characters, environments, architecture, and related game assets.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to move back and forth between environment concepts and character design and be comfortable in a range of styles. A portfolio demonstrating a strong ability in lighting, color, design and rendering is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop
- Strong understanding of proportion, composition, color theory, perspective, lighting, and both character and environment design.
- Solid foundation in traditional arts like figure drawing, painting and illustration.
- Flexibility adapting to different game and graphic styles (pixel, cartoon, realistic, illustration, etc.);
- Excellent English communication skills (written & spoken)
- Good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and a great team-player.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Have a proactive work ethic and desire to learn
- You’re a team player with a positive attitude and sense of humour
- Ability to work collaboratively - must be open to direction and able to embrace change.
- Experience in 2D animation, with proven experience using Spine or similar 2D animation tools
- Experience creating Mobile/Social concept art
- Experience working in Unity
- Experience working in agile projects
As an 2D Artist you will be part of the art team, working closely with other artists, designers, producers, and game programmers.
Your core tasks:
- Create high quality illustrations and concept art for characters, environments, props, UI elements and much more
- Prepare all the visual assets to be fully animated
- Be deeply involved in the UI design: Create icons, UI elements and other 2d art needs
- Ensure quality of related assets by maintaining responsibility over your work throughout the project's development
- Work closely with colleagues to foster a highly communicative, coordinated team effort
We realise that it’s our people who have built our reputation and that we will only maintain our leading position in the videogame world by continuing to attract and retain talented and motivated people.
If you choose to work with us, you will find that we offer: a welcoming and inclusive team, extensive development opportunities, the chance to get involved in the wide gameplay community and quality working conditions.
More about us: http://www.starloopstudios.com/
More info contact: email@example.com