Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft Madrid is currently seeking a Game Economy Designer!
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6,000 employees.
At Gameloft Madrid, as Game Economy Designer, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Asphalt Xtreme and Gods of Rome, which were created in this studio.
• Strong sensitivity to gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game.
• Strong analytical and formal thinking, able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them.
• Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data.
• Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
• Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance.
• Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
• At least 2 years´ experience as Game Economy Designer or Game Balancer.
• Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction.
• Mastery of Excel.
• Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones.
• Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
• Previous experience in econometrics / data mining.
• Previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer.
*An assessment test will be sent to all suitable candidates
And above all, motivation and a passion for video games!
As a Game Economy Designer, your responsibility is to understand how a game works as a service for its customers and project how customers behave. You are expected to improve each game’s financial performance by identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context. You will also provide constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing.
To do this pre-release, you’re able to design the virtual products a game will offer, define metrics that allow you to individually measure their impact on a given title, and work closely with the development team to see designs refined and metrics implemented.
Once the game is launched, you’re able to analyze the collected data and report which are the performing/underperforming aspects of the game economic model, why, and provide solutions to Gameloft management
• Defining virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and project how each change modifies game dynamics.
• Identifying the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers.
• Balancing virtual products - identifying needs, relationships, life-cycle and streams of availability.
• Managing pricing - create specific price point roles and implement selling strategies for key consumers.
• Regularly providing user feedback and stat/price point tuning to the development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release.
• Analysing the evolution of defined metrics to spot both, monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, and suggest game design improvements or enhance the customer experience accordingly.
This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model.
• Opportunity to work in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games!
• Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere. International environment and open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world.
• Permanent contract.
• Full coverage with health insurance.
• Flexible schedule.
• Dynamic salary review, bonuses and other perks.
• Workshops, team building activities and Spanish and English classes.
• Professional growth opportunities supported by a Performance Review process and a Training Plan.
• If coming from abroad, we offer relocation support.
• Excellent working conditions! Office situated in the very heart of Madrid with rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city.
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!