Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft Madrid, the studio behind the mobile gaming hits Asphalt Xtreme and Gods of Rome and many other successful titles, is currently seeking a VFX Artist!
A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6,000 employees.
Job Description & Environment:
As a member of the art team, your main tasks will consist in creating special effects relying on 2D and 3D techniques. In collaboration with the production teams you will bring our products to life through your thorough understanding and passion for visual effects in games.
• 3 years working experience in the games industry as VFX Artist.
• High proficiency in 3D Studio Max and Photoshop.
• Knowledge of the modelling/texturing pipeline in low polygon.
• Able to create FX textures from scratch matching established styles.
• Knowledge of particle generation and general special effects editing tools.
• Highly motivated with a passion for video games, tools and production processes.
• Knowledge of pre-rendered FX solutions.
• Knowledge of editors like Unity or Unreal is a plus.
• After effects particle effects generation is a plus.
• Fluent English.
*An assessment test will be sent to all suitable candidates as a first step of the selection process.
- Demonstrating technical skills, a solid understanding of particle systems and animation principles
- Pushing the visual quality of special effects across numerous mobile products
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the mechanisms underlying visual effects
- Demonstrating good communication skills with team of artists and programmers.
- Demonstrating modeling abilities in low-polygon resolution.
- Ability to create great looking textures required for special effect production
- Being actively involved in the creation process and constant interacting with the game and level designers
- Meeting project deadlines/milestones as set by project leads
- Reviewing and researching advancements in game production techniques related to visual effects
• Opportunity to work in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games!
• Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere. International environment and open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world
• Permanent contract
• Full coverage with health insurance
• 25 paid vacation days
• Flexible schedule
• Dynamic salary review, bonuses and other perks (Game room, ping pong table, free fruits and coffee, parties & joyful events…)
• Workshops, team building activities and free Spanish and English classes
• Professional growth opportunities supported by a performance review process and a Training Plan.
• If coming from abroad, we offer relocation support.
• Excellent working conditions! Office situated in the very heart of Madrid with rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city.