We’re looking for a Rigger to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As Rigger, you will responsible to develop, apply and create skeletons, rigs and skin weightings for characters and objects. You’ll be in charge of the pipeline to import and implement animated characters and objects in Unreal Engine 4 using the skeletal mesh and related components. Furthermore, you’ll support the development by developing the required scripts to ensure a smooth pipeline to import and implement characters and skeletal objects as well as improving materials, shaders, and textures to achieve the desired visual quality.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games in Russia/Eastern Europe and one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skillsets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Along with your resume, please submit a link to a demo reel, which highlights your expertise in the required areas, especially in regards to rigging and skinning of characters and objects and their implementation in Unreal Engine 4 as skeleton meshes.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as Rigger
• Familiar and experienced in the rigging and skin processes with 3D Max and Maya
• Ability to develop scripts for 3D Max and Maya
• Knowledge of topology and the ability to adjust models to improve the results of deformations in the geometry
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and components such as physics and skeletal meshes
• Experience with cloth simulation and setup in Unreal Engine 4 as well as in 3D Max and/or Maya
• University Degree or Certificate in Art with focus on character development
• Experience with Motion Builder and with 3d animation techniques
• Ability to adapted to different programs and working methodologies
• Develop, apply and create skeleton, rigs and skin weightings for characters and objects
• Import and implement animated characters and objects in Unreal Engine 4 using the skeletal mesh and related components
• Develop the required scripts to ensure a smooth pipeline to import and implement characters and skeletal objects in our games
• Support the development with your experience regarding character shading, texturing and materials to achieve the desired visual quality and performance
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• Good and young work environment
• On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid
• Flexible working hours