Stratos: Punto de Encuentro de Desarrolladores

¡Bienvenido a Stratos!

Acceder

Foros

Sprites

Iniciado por , 20 de Diciembre de 2005, 02:32:27 AM

« anterior - próximo »

i downloaded this engine and so far i like it, it's easy to use and getting result pretty quick. and i want to know hot put animated sprites to pdf editor. how to save them ? do u have tutorial for it.

and i have ask is there any tile based map editors u recomend to use with CRM32Pro in windows
is there any editor which plays in windows/linux besides SDLmappy

i mead dpf editor :D

TheAzazel

Hello to Finland boy (do you know The69Eyes? I like them!).

Well, to add sprites to EditorDPF is quite easy, the most difficult part is to draw these sprites :).

Once you have done these sprites(each row means a different animation and each field of a row is a frame), you have to import the bitmap(BMP or PNG) and to define its "offsets". With Offset X you are setting the X size of each frame(actually, all the frames of the same sprite must have the same size) and with Offset Y you are setting the Y size of each animation.

Click on "Grid" check box and you could see a grid dividing the bitmap in frames and animations. After that, you can browse through them to assing its properties: animation type, animation status, frame duration and so on.

Do not forget to put a name and save that sprite. Even, you can preview selected animation inside EditorDPF to see what can you see on your game(right now, it is a little window... but it works!).

Using this sprite from your game is quite easy but if you need further information/support, please, do not hesitate to contact me.

Anyway, you also can download SpacePong game with source code and see by yourself how load a sprite and how to play it. Also, you can open its DPF to see the sprites although they are quite simple (only have one animation if I remember well...).

Hope this help. Let me know any other problem.

Cheers

IsoArska

Ok THANKS A LOT i've got it working but then i have another "problem" how to add another animations like walking left and walking right how to do this .

And i know 69Eyes like them music too

The Finland boy

IsoArska

ok and next question how this colorkey works do i have to something special with the pictures.

IsoArska

Cita de: "IsoArska"ok and next question how this colorkey works do i have to something special with the pictures.
ok stupid me :D i just looked the manual and it can be changed for every sprite...i've got paniced becouse i coudnt get it work in dpf editor

TheAzazel

Hi again,

to set colorkey using EditorDPF you must convert the RGB value of your colorkey to decimal value, for example, let assume you have a colorkey of RGB(255,255,0) that is equal to 0x00FFFF00 in hexadecimal, now, convert that number to decimal one and you will get 16776960, this last number is the number you have to use en colorkey box inside the EditorDPF. This is valid for sprites and other EditorDPF's resources.

And to add animation is quite easy too, try to add a new row of frames and play with Offset Y. I advice you to visit in the web page, the EditorDPF section and to extend the first screenshot, there, you could see a sprite with different animations.

Anything else? :)

What are you trying to do? I mean..a demo? a game? I would like to see any develop using the library (if it is possible).

Cheers, Finland boy :P

IsoArska

hi! Yea i got it working, i got the idea making sprites. but i cant get the sprites background transparent in editor.
working in the game thoug. I am just playing around with the engine at the moment. someday i will write a game the first game would be popular sidescroller i am keeping things simple becouse i am learning game programming and i'll have to do all by my self. it's hard becouse i'm not good making sprites nor drawing at all :).   i'll send u an address or the files when i get something real :D

thnx! for your help at this far  

Stratos es un servicio gratuito, cuyos costes se cubren en parte con la publicidad.
Por favor, desactiva el bloqueador de anuncios en esta web para ayudar a que siga adelante.
Muchísimas gracias.