¡Bienvenido a Stratos!

Acceder

Foros

Haddd And C++?

Iniciado por Xpoint, 01 de Febrero de 2006, 01:55:01 PM

« anterior - próximo »

Xpoint

Hey all!
First of all, engine looks real nice, good job  ;)

Second, is it possible to use this engine in C++? If yes, how?
Since I don't know C# and don't want to learn it. :P

Thanks in advance.

Haddd

Thanks a lot for your words... :P

Theorically, all the code written in Managed Code can be used on all the .Net languajes (C++.Net included)

But, i have not tested....Maybe you could be the first one..  ;)

Believe me C# is very very productive. I've programmed a lot witn C++, but i expect do not back to it anymore!!!

Xpoint

Allready got my first problems, hope you can answer my questions. :)

1. I can't open the project files. Is this because they are made in VS2005?
Error:

2. I can't run the demos in the bin directory.. My VS pops up with a debugging window saying an error 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' has occurred.
3. Any idea how to include the engine in a C++ project? I've no idea how this is done in C#, and I don't see any headers/libraries (except for the bin map). I also noticed the C# projects use '..\..\Engine\HadddEngine.csproj', but I can't find that map (maybe it isn't needed, but hey, I can't know that :P ).

Thanks in advance. :)

*EDIT: I started to learn C#! Who knows, maybe I switch over. :P  

Haddd

You must use the C# 2005 edition. You can download the free express edition from our downloads section... ;)

Surely you can not run the bins because you have not downloaded the .Net 2.0 or the DX December edition Runtime or SDK...

About using C++, you should download the C++ 2005 Express edition, and simply add the haddd.dll reference. That's it! This is .Net !!!! But i have no idea of working with C++.Net...

Vicente

Hi!

I think you won´t be able to use Haddd using C++. You´ll be able to use Haddd if you use C++/CLI (also known as Managed C++ or C++.NET). Those are the .NET versions of C++. If you use that, yes, you´ll be able to use Haddd, but if not I don´t think it´s possible :(

About the projects and so on: you´ll need Visual 2005, .NET Framework 2.0 and DirectX 9.0 December to be able to run them or play with them (Visual Studio for this). Hope it helps.

Greetings!

Vicente

Stratos es un servicio gratuito, cuyos costes se cubren en parte con la publicidad.
Por favor, desactiva el bloqueador de anuncios en esta web para ayudar a que siga adelante.
Muchísimas gracias.