Stratos: Punto de Encuentro de Desarrolladores

¡Bienvenido a Stratos!

Acceder

Foros

Some Questions (in English)

Iniciado por , 02 de Febrero de 2006, 03:28:09 AM

« anterior - próximo »

I really can't even remotely read your language, so apologies if these have been asked before.

How much is possible on a card with limited (or slow) pixel shaders ?
Does it support sliding collision with walk round environments, or does this need to be added ?
Animation: Do you have a  link/download for the exporter for 3D Studio Max ?
Animation: Any examples ?  I don't have any MD5 models to test it with
Can custom objects be built in code, or is it locked to loaded objects only ?

PS.  The demo's and vids are absolutely lovely.

Haddd

CitarI really can't even remotely read your language, so apologies if these have been asked before.

Don't worry, the v2.0 is very young yet... ;)

CitarHow much is possible on a card with limited (or slow) pixel shaders ?

We are developing on a Radeon 9500, i think is the slowest 2.0 pixel shaders card at the market. The render pipeline is very fast, doing :

1. On Z pass
2. Light Pass for every light + ambient pass if needed
3. Postprocess

But the engine has no visibility methods, that's for 3.0. You can not do a Doom, or a Quake yet. Or you should if you program the visibility class, of course.. ;)

CitarDoes it support sliding collision with walk round environments, or does this need to be added ?

If you look at the code from the tutorial, you see that we wrote the code for everybody can handle the colision the way he wants. If you are not happy with the current implementation, feel free to change it.. ;)

CitarAnimation: Do you have a link/download for the exporter for 3D Studio Max ?

As you can see on the demos, the engine supports MD5 animation. This is done by Berserker, and belive us, we are working with a character animator and the export posibilities are fantastic, you can work with CAT, max bones, have different roots...But the way he handles MD5 on the engine does not likes him, so he is rewriting all the MD5 class, but expect it soon...

CitarCan custom objects be built in code, or is it locked to loaded objects only ?

Of course, you can build the one you need. Look at the HMesh.DXResource property...But if you need some special case, better send me the code and i write a tutorial showing you how to do. ;)

Remember: the source code will be published when the documentation will be ok...So you will have full acces to all the power of Haddd
(genial)

Stratos es un servicio gratuito, cuyos costes se cubren en parte con la publicidad.
Por favor, desactiva el bloqueador de anuncios en esta web para ayudar a que siga adelante.
Muchísimas gracias.