Stratos: Punto de Encuentro de Desarrolladores

¡Bienvenido a Stratos!

Acceder

Foros

Unable To Get Haddd Viewer To Work For Me.

Iniciado por enablerbr, 21 de Febrero de 2006, 12:22:21 PM

« anterior - próximo »

enablerbr

sofar i've tried putting .x file and textures in same bin folder as viewer with no luck. tried same again but with .haddd converted file with no luck. tried the viewer and loading .x and .haddd files from their orginal location with no luck.

so wondered whats the magic trick to geting the viewer app to work?

Haddd

you must put the .x into the base/models dir, and the texture on the base/textures dir.

enablerbr

Haddd

Remeber that the last version of the engine supports .x , you do not need to convert it to haddd

enablerbr

ok. i tried that character_model.x file i sent you with the viewer. it loads fine but i see nothing in the viewer window. any ideas whats wrong?

Haddd

The scale

Please look at the tree objects, there is a property called Bounding Box. Remember that Haddd works at meters, so if your mesh is really big or little, you can not see it. The converter has the ability to scale, if that is the case...

enablerbr

doh i forgot the scale with haddd. i'll change my scale in maya. thanks again. sorry for being such a newbie to this.

Haddd

i will excuse you, but you must put a frame here of your work  ;)

Byt the way, the viewer is not a viewer really, you can modifiy a lot of parameters. Add specular, emissive, glow...Doble click and the magic appears  :P  

enablerbr

me again. i changed maya so each unit equals a meter. i created a rectangle x=0.800, y=2.000, z=0.800. which would equal 0.8 m, 2.0 m, 0.8 m. i then froze transform and uv'd then applied texture. then exported to .x file. yet it still seems to big for the viewer.
when i scale to 0.0100 in the converter. it's viewable but that suggests it's no longer 2meters high.

Haddd

that's because the dx exporter does not support changing the unit's system ( i think )  <_<

So, you must use the converter until somebody does a haddd exporter for Maya  :P  

enablerbr

ahh!

well i'll use the converter for now. as i've no idea how to make a maya expoter. :)

this dx problem also means i'll have a little trouble using 3D World Studio for creating my world maps.

btw. thanks for the quick replies.

Stratos es un servicio gratuito, cuyos costes se cubren en parte con la publicidad.
Por favor, desactiva el bloqueador de anuncios en esta web para ayudar a que siga adelante.
Muchísimas gracias.