We’re looking for a Sound Engineer to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As a Junior Sound Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting our development teams by adding, controlling and updating sound notifications as needed to ensure that sounds are played at the correct moment and create an immersive experience. You’ll work directly with the Lead Sound Engineer on the quality of the sound effects in the game and ensuring that everything is triggered at the correct time stamp and stays updated, even when an animation changes.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001 with its headquarter in New Jersey, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games with offices in the US, Spain and Eastern Europe. It is one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Quake Champions, World War Z and developed and published NBA Playgrounds and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 for all major consoles and PC.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Sound Engineer
• Experience in sound design and implementation (with at least 1 game published)
• Knowledge of audio implementation in Unreal Engine
• Fluent management of sound editors, plugins and other tools necessary in the day-to-day production of audio
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Bachelor of Science in Music or Sound production
• Knowledge in mixing and multichannel configurations for videogames
• Experience with audio engines (Wwise, Fmod)
• Fluent in the use of version control software such as Perforce
• Implementation of sounds into the game with the specified editor, for example, Unreal Engine 4
• Adding, controlling and tuning sound notifiers in animation montages, animations, game triggers, etc.
• Monitoring the audio quality and that it fulfills the set standards during the different phases of the development
• QA support for the audio integration
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid
• A good and young work environment
• Flexible working hours