Stratos: Punto de Encuentro de Desarrolladores

¡Bienvenido a Stratos!

Acceder

Foros

English & Hello.

Iniciado por , 27 de Octubre de 2005, 06:42:05 PM

« anterior - próximo »

Ok, I have so little knowledge of your forum language, I can't even identify it.  

The vids on Zman's site are certainly impressive, but was wondering if there is any English references or documentation, examples even !  English forum ?  Multilanguage wiki ?  Babelfish link ?

Currently downloading last years (formerly long since deleted) DX devkit to check out the code, hope it all works out ok.  First glance, looks like an interesting class layout but with really incomprehensible comments. (nooo)

BeRSeRKeR

Hi.

Right now we are working on the documentation and tutorials. The idea is that all of this would be in english and spanish. About the english forum I'm not sure. We'll see...

Remember that version 2.0 will be released, more or less, on November.

Greets.
¡Si te buscan en nombre de la ley, huye en nombre de la libertad!!

Lord Trancos 2

Don't waste time with spanish doc. :P
Who cares?
on los años y mucho esfuerzo he llegado a atesorar una ignorancia total sobre casi todas las cosas.
Gate to Avalon (mi Blog)

BeRSeRKeR

Well, there's people that wants the documentation in spanish too, Haddd included, so...

I know, it's a lot of work maintaining two languages. We'll see if it's possible to manage two versions easily... :rolleyes:
¡Si te buscan en nombre de la ley, huye en nombre de la libertad!!

Warchief

Cita de: "Lord Trancos 2"Don't waste time with spanish doc. :P
Who cares?

:rolleyes:

Documentación y motores en inglés hay a patadas. No imagino un motor de calidad con documentación en español  (genial)  

ethernet

Di que sí, si no nosotros no somos corporativistas, quién lo será ?

Lord Trancos 2

I still think that an engine that is being developed in spare time by a few people cannot afford documentation in two languages. The time wasted doing extra documentation, may be used improving the engine/samples/english docs.

Why not leave that hard job to the community that wants that? (*ejems* *ejems* y no quiero señalar a nadie :P)
on los años y mucho esfuerzo he llegado a atesorar una ignorancia total sobre casi todas las cosas.
Gate to Avalon (mi Blog)

Warchief

Cita de: "Lord Trancos 2"I still think that an engine that is being developed in spare time by a few people cannot afford documentation in two languages. The time wasted doing extra documentation, may be used improving the engine/samples/english docs.

Why not leave that hard job to the community that wants that? (*ejems* *ejems* y no quiero señalar a nadie :P)
I agree totalmente.

La doc oficial en spanish, y que alguna comunidad la traduzca al english.  (ole)  (ole)

Hombre, es cierto que hacia fuera tendrá más repercusión si hay ejemplos, doc, etc en inglés. Todo depende del objetivo del motor. Si el objetivo era aprender, ni manuales, ni doc, que con eso no se aprende  :P  

Spanish ?  Never been to Spain.

Hello from England.  Now attempting to use Babelfish Spanish to English, and at least I can (barely) get the gist of it a bit more now - though the broken English it outputs is almost as painful as the original to read, will give it a darn good attempt though.  Translation using first principles.  Scary.

Ok, will hang around for the Nov. release, this seems to be one to watch.

--- apologies in advance for the feeble attempt to be multilingual with translation software ---

¿Español? Nunca estado a España. Hola de Inglaterra. Ahora procurando utilizar el español de Babelfish al inglés, y por lo menos me la lata (apenas) consigue a gist de ella un pedacito más ahora - aunque el inglés quebrado que hace salir es casi tan doloroso como la original a leer, le dará una buena tentativa darn sin embargo. Traducción usando los primeros principios. Asustadizo. La autorización, colgará alrededor para el lanzamiento del noviembre, éste se parece ser uno a mirar.

Pogacha

I think that in the forum you could use English ... cos it will be easier to capture the original idea!
The problem is that this people are fighting an internal identity war that never get over!
Actually, if they use spanish only in they docs, the spanish languaje and the country !? or almost the spanish game devs comunity will be up-valued, using english document the engine and the programers will be up-valued, and writing multilingual docs will be a waste of time that could be used for upgrading the engine instead.

I'm sure my English is worst that if I use some software to translete it! :P  

Warchief

Cita de: "Guest"though the broken English it outputs is almost as painful as the original to read

¿Español? Nunca estado a España. Hola de Inglaterra. Ahora procurando utilizar el español de Babelfish al inglés, y por lo menos me la lata (apenas) consigue a gist de ella un pedacito más ahora - aunque el inglés quebrado que hace salir es casi tan doloroso como la original a leer, le dará una buena tentativa darn sin embargo. Traducción usando los primeros principios. Asustadizo. La autorización, colgará alrededor para el lanzamiento del noviembre, éste se parece ser uno a mirar.
Indeed.  (nooo)

Aprovecho el mensaje para corregirme. Cuando dije "hacia fuera" debería haber dicho "hacia afuera". (rules)  

(Sorry, I only know dangerously small amounts of spanish so I'll stick to english with this post)

Firstly, very impressive stuff here - even in v1 - nice 1 guys. I've been playing around with it for a while, but I do battle to understand whats going on with everything in spanish (the classes, methods, properties, comments....). If v2 comes with good english documentation and tutorials (and potentially english code?), I think you'll have a large portion of the garage game developer community wetting their pants to become part of it and maybe even some corporate interest.

Do you need any help with any of the english documentation or tutorials? I'm one of the potential pant wetters mentioned above and would love to help out - rather than be the next english speaker to complain about it being in spanish or broken english. Documentation is often the suck part of any project, but it would be a great way to learn exactly how Haddd works and you could get a minor load lifted. If you've already got your plan together, thats understandable, but I thought I'd offer a hand just in case. I'm also willing to help out with the english forum if need be.

If you're interested, post a reply and I'll make an attempt at registering through the (spanish) registration form so we can chat properly. If not, ignore me and I'll disappear back down into the abyss.   :ph34r:

sTV

Warchief

Im not one of Had3 engine devs, im just here to suggest what you have said about the code. Probably an english code is useful for everyone. After all, reserved words are always english (for, while, ...). I think GetPtr(), AttachNode and that kind of names are usually enough to find what you are looking for before reading the docs (so docs are used for extra information, but not for easy access).  

Vicente

Hello,

don´t worry, we´ll work hard to produce material (docs, tutorials,...) for the english comunity too. But it´s going to take us time, wait a little longer ;) Greetings!

Vicente

Muchos gracias!

Thanks for the reassurance, Vincente, I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be popping my head into the forum fairly regularly, so if you ever need any help (free obviously) for anything english, I'm sure myself or a couple of others would be glad to help out.

Thanks for making Haddd free and considering us in your documentation. It is most appreciated.

sTV

Stratos es un servicio gratuito, cuyos costes se cubren en parte con la publicidad.
Por favor, desactiva el bloqueador de anuncios en esta web para ayudar a que siga adelante.
Muchísimas gracias.