Stratos: Punto de Encuentro de Desarrolladores

¡Bienvenido a Stratos!

Acceder

Foros

Height Maps

Iniciado por auron, 05 de Febrero de 2006, 08:48:03 AM

« anterior - próximo »

auron

Was just wondering if Haddd supports height maps?

Haddd

Well, we are usign the height map from MAX to indicate the engine the parallax map on the engine  :( . But we have not height maps ( We love it, of course, but i thing this will have to wait til we have be a DX10 compatible card)

auron

Cita de: "Haddd"Well, we are usign the height map from MAX to indicate the engine the parallax map on the engine  :( . But we have not height maps ( We love it, of course, but i thing this will have to wait til we have be a DX10 compatible card)
Ummm are we referring to the same height maps? Haha.
I'm referring to terrain generated from a 2D 8-bit grayscale bitmap.

Like the OGRE Engine Height Maps

It supports LOD as well. Does Haddd use this? Or it's a planned feature?  :D  

BeRSeRKeR

Cita de: "auron"Ummm are we referring to the same height maps? Haha.
I'm referring to terrain generated from a 2D 8-bit grayscale bitmap.
I think Haddd is a bit obsessed with parallax mapping... :D

Cita de: "auron"It supports LOD as well. Does Haddd use this? Or it's a planned feature?  :D
No, we haven't created any terrain module yet. It would be nice but right now we have other preferences. For example we've started thinking about the visibility system and the idea is to develop something that can handle indoor and outdoor areas easily. So for now the terrain engine have to wait. Oh well, maybe someone could create something like that and share his/her work with us! :)

Greets.
¡Si te buscan en nombre de la ley, huye en nombre de la libertad!!

auron

The OGRE engine has a lot of functionality to it...
It has the height map features built into it so if you do have the time, take a look at it. B)
Can greatly increase performance cos of the LOD features. :D

- Height Image Example

I'll try to get some articles and code on it then i'll post again when I do.  

Stratos es un servicio gratuito, cuyos costes se cubren en parte con la publicidad.
Por favor, desactiva el bloqueador de anuncios en esta web para ayudar a que siga adelante.
Muchísimas gracias.