Stratos: Punto de Encuentro de Desarrolladores

¡Bienvenido a Stratos!

Acceder

Foros

Current Engine Animation Support

Iniciado por , 27 de Febrero de 2006, 03:33:09 PM

« anterior - próximo »

Does the latest version of Haddd support animated DirectX (.x) models? (Was this feature removed?)  :(

If we don't have 3D Studio Max (and use DirectX models (.x) instead), is it possible to load artwork into the engine that will display as good as your videos and tutorials demonstrate?  B)

What are your future plans for the engine? Will it become a commercial product someday, or do you plan to release source code and make it open source, or keep it as it is now, a freely available .dll?  

Vicente

Hi!

I can´t answer about the animation thing sorry, but I can answer a little about future plans: the idea is to release the source code (we just released the AI code yesterday). We haven´t done it yet because documenting it is pretty boring, and Haddd and Berserker prefer to fix bugs and add new features :P But we´ll release it sooner or later ;) (you can decompile the DLL if you want, it´s not ofuscated).

Greetings!

Vicente

Thankyou for the response Vicente. The AI functionality you are adding to the engine looks ambitious and very powerful.  B)

Releasing the source code should help us write/modify animated model support in the engine.   (ole)

But I also really need to know about the animation support as it is in the current release. I saw in another post that the MD5 animation class was being rewritten and has been temporarily removed. What I want to know is if ALL animation support has been removed  as well (especially DirectX (.x) since I don't own the expensive 3D Studio Max).  :(  

Haddd

We does not support .x animation. We are building from the scratch the new animation module. Currently Haddd does not support animation at all.  

Thanks for the info, Haddd.  :)  

Stratos es un servicio gratuito, cuyos costes se cubren en parte con la publicidad.
Por favor, desactiva el bloqueador de anuncios en esta web para ayudar a que siga adelante.
Muchísimas gracias.