¡Bienvenido a Stratos!

Acceder

Foros

New With Some Questions

Iniciado por agent 077, 09 de Marzo de 2006, 01:28:49 AM

« anterior - próximo »

agent 077

Hey!

I'm new here, not new to games, but not anything of a coder. I know a very small amount of C++, and I know virtually nothing about C#. I wanted to ask if you guys had any good places where I could learn. I also wanted to ask questions related to, how easy would it be to get a good first person camera? and get my own map ingame? How would I go about adding effects and such into my maps? And really, how suitable would this be for an FPS? Thanks in advance.

The FPS camera is default for the engine.

Haddd

Welcome  (ole)

If you want to do fps, get a game with a built-in editor and make all the changes. Haddd is an engine, so you need to program, there is no editor at all yet.

Vicente

Hi!

welcome to the forums. About the C# learning thing, I´ve searched in google "C# tutorial" and most results that came where very good to start learning C# if you have nearly no idea. Try to get Visual Studio C# Express (or #Develop, as you wish) and follow those tutorials to learn ;)

Greetings!

Vicente

agent 077

Hey!

Thanks for the welcomes and replys. In response to Haddd, the reason I want to use Haddd, is because I don't want to make another mod. I want to make a stand alone game, with Haddd powering it. I have no problem making my levels in Max or Silo. However, I tried opening the tutorial projects, and I get two errors. "The referenced component 'HadddEngine' could not be found." And, "The referenced project '..\..Engine\HadddEngine.csproj' does not exist." Any tips? And about the first person camera, I know it's built into Haddd, but it's like a spectator camera, it free floats. I really am sorry for all of the noobish questions, but you have to start somewhere, right?

Haddd

you must get the hadddengine.dll and reference it. We are referencing it from the project,as we have the source code, but you must referecen it manually.

Vicente

Yep, as Haddd says you should add the reference of the dll manually. We should add a little readme.txt probably to the download...

Greetings!

Vicente

agent 077

Hey!

I still can't get it to work :huh:  I tried going to "Project" than "Add reference" and I selected the Hadddengine.dll and it still gives me the same error. Also, what's up with the error I get that says "The referenced project does not exist"?

Cheers!

Haddd

1. Delete the reference to the HadddEngine.dll
2. Add The reference, selecting the Browse Sheet , and then look for the hadddengine.dll located at the bin directory.
3. Compile

I just have made this, and this works for me.... :(

agent 077

I'm sorry for being such a bother, but I still can't figure out what you're saying. What's the browse sheet? And how do I delete the reference?

Vicente

When you open the solution, on the right you´ll have the solution explorer window. There, open the references folder, and delete the HadddEngine.dll. Now right click there again and select Add Reference... You should select browse in the following window and search for HadddEngine.dll in the bin directory. Hope it helps! Greetings!

Vicente

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH. That did work. Thanks again for the help, and sorry for being such a bother.

Stratos es un servicio gratuito, cuyos costes se cubren en parte con la publicidad.
Por favor, desactiva el bloqueador de anuncios en esta web para ayudar a que siga adelante.
Muchísimas gracias.