In Virtway we are looking for a Senior Environment Artist to work in our studio located in Oviedo, Spain. The person in this position will be responsible for creating stylized environments to recreate the design of our Social Network game, which is supported by many investors to convert it into the future social network reference of the marketplace.
• 4 years of modelling experience.
• Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required.
• Excellent 3DS Max skills.
• Very strong texturing skills and excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
• Good knowledge of physically based rendering (Experience with Substance painter/designer).
• Strong understanding of modular level creation methods.
• Creating clean, low resolution game topology and UV’s.
• Very creative and excellent eye for detail.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
• Artists should enclose a portfolio or link to an online portfolio to their application. As part of the recruitment process, the candidates might be asked to perform an art test.
• Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability.
• Experience in games for mobile devices.
• Experience with high poly modelling with ZBrush.
• Experience illuminating with V-Ray and Rendering to Texture.
• Good technical skills and ability to quickly master new pipelines and tools.
• Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques.
• Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay-oriented goals.
• Skill in one or more related disciplines (concept, lighting, technical art).
• Drawing/painting skills.
• Basic knowledge about Level Design.
• Experience in working with outsourcing.
• Create low and high poly assets for environments and props; optimized for real-time with UV layouts for texturing and lightmap UVs.
• Create stylized textures following the game style.
• Conduct research for reference material, photo shoots, and concept phases.
• Must cooperate effectively with other artists and designers.
• Must adhere to technical specifications when creating environmental assets.
• Work with game designers in creating worlds that improve the player’s experience.
• Design and create believable spaces with a focus on gameplay.
• Permanent contract, full-time job and employee benefits.
• Salary based on qualifications and experience.
• Flexible schedule.
• Excellent local working conditions. Office recently remodeled with great mountain views. Additionally, there is a kitchen, an area to relax and some complementary coffee.
• An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a growing company.
• A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
• We like Agile and Scrum methodology. We are used to planning with a clear view of milestones and investors.
• We are a small team with an ambitious project. You’ll be in charge of your own tasks, but you will always have the support of your teammates.
• We tend to spend some time playing Beat Saber with Oculus Rift (not recommended if you want to rest). Other times just a beer after work or lunch.
• We are as transparent and communicative as possible when it comes to the project updates and the company roadmaps.
• Oviedo is a charming, relaxing and very cheap city. You can find amazing gastronomy and there are many things to do. There are a lot of parks and public places as well as greenways and trails through nature, not to mention very little pollution.