At Digital Legends the Project Manager is primarily responsible for “making things happen”. They are responsible for managing their projects, identifying and avoiding problems before they happen, helping to organize solutions for the unavoidable and to anticipate the needs of the team. They are diligent in following up with all project tasks and take care to pay attention to all details no matter how small. They are the hub around which the perfectly run project revolves. We also value and respect all members of the team and expect the PM to share this attitude and foster it within the studio. If this sounds like you then read on!
• 2+ years game industry experience
• 2+ years as a Project Manager in the Video Game industry
• Understanding of project management methodology and tools
• Experience managing projects including establishing project plans, budgets, dependencies, identifying and tracking critical path, assigning tasks and implementing operational changes
• Demonstrated ability in hands-on task management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Spoken and written fluency in English
• Experience with Shooters
• AAA Mobile or PC / Console experience
• Fluent in Spanish
• Define the high-level project plan (including key milestones and staffing requirements) and own execution of day-to-day project management
• Be the go-to person for your development team, studio management, and partners for everything to do with your project status
• Accountable for all project tasks, milestones and deliverables
• Partner with your Director of Production to monitor financial planning and spending, looking to optimize costs and efficiencies throughout development
• Partner with your technical leaders (design, art, programming, animation, audio & QA) to ensure communication is open and clear
• Manage individual and team performance, including motivating, mentoring and empowering your team to achieve results
• Establish regular communication with the team and stakeholders to provide regular project status updates
• Help the team focus on the critical few: filters issues based on a clear understanding of the studio strategies and objectives and helps the team break down complex problems.
• Be able to report, at all times, the status, progress and owner of any project task
• Be able to identify and recommend schedule changes as needed to free time for high priority ad-hoc features or deliverables
• Encourage an open, honest and positive team environment; create a team culture that constructively gives and receives feedback, has fun, and makes the studio a better place!
Working side by side with the project Product Owner and Senior PM to deliver the project goals within the approved time frame and budget you will own the game development project schedule. You will chase down and resolve all loose ends. You will coordinate and communicate all production activities between departments and ensure all tasks have an owner. You are highly organized, calm and have developed your soft skills. This position reports to the Director of Production.