BoomBox is a digital media company that offers video game and app development services, as well as publishing. We are a software and video game developer with extensive cross-platform experience, including iOS, Android, PC, Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft.
We are looking for a QA Tester/Project Coordinator to assist in the development of our internal project on the Steam platform. This is a hybrid role for QA testing, and project coordination. This role will involve repetitive play through of our game while documenting issues to be addressed, this role will assist with managing team workload, project status through extensive project management tracking and documentation to ensure the delivery of a high quality product on time and within budget
The QA Tester/Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting their Lead in the management of the daily operational and administrative needs of their assigned projects. The general purpose of this job is to provide a dedicated resource to assist the project Lead, equally distributing their time between serving as an understudy for project QA Tester/Project Coordination redundancy and operating as the most experienced, cognitive focused and productive tester on the project. Attention to detail is a critical requirement of the role, as is a highly communicative, amicable, team focused and mature demeanor.
- High School diploma and Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree or further college education is a plus
- A passion for video games is a must
- Fluency in English and ability to write clearly and concisely
- Additional languages are a plus
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Ability to think critically and creative problem solve various situation
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Other tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, are a plus
- Ability to present oneself professionally through both verbal and written communication
• Find and report bugs with clear, concise descriptions and steps to reproduce.
• Perform issue reporting, write and communicate test plans.
• Prepare reports summarizing observations and learnings between milestone builds.
• Perform a variety of QA related support tasks for the development team.
• Communicate with leads to keep the team aligned on goals, expectations, and project schedules.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of the project design and scheduling changes to support QA testing effectiveness, focus, and reporting.
• Assist in the management of project databases.
• Assist in the execution of project operational reporting and day to day communication.
• Assist in collaborative work within the internal/external development team to help drive project to completion.
• Assist in diagnosing errors and breakdowns in development pipeline and perform technical support as needed.
• Suggest tools, scripts, and best practices to improve test plans, procedures, and overall quality and efficiency.
Full time or Part time, salary will range from 600 euros to 1100 euros / month.