We’re looking for a Narrative Game Designer to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As Narrative Game Designer, you will be responsible to implement compelling narrative experiences from conceptualization to implementation. The Narrative Game Designer will closely work with the Creative Director and Lead Designer to create a seamless narrative whole gameplay and story. Will collaborate with level and system designers to implement innovative player experiences.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games in Russia/Eastern Europe and one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Quake Champions and developed and published NBA Playgrounds for all major consoles and PC.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Narrative Game Designer
• Shipped at least one game in a design or narrative design role.
• Passion for the player experience and a variety of creative storytelling techniques..
• Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of narrative systems and dependencies plus the ability to unify story and design together.
• Experience using Unreal would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
• Be able not only to work individually but also to be a part of a creative team.
• Native English speaker or C2 level.
• Experience with both PC and console game development
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience working in a AAA development
• Execute across all stages of development: from verbal ideas to feature documentation and in-game implementation.
• Work to establish character roleplaying rails, player goals and motivations, choice paths and unique interactivity opportunities.
• Work closely with the narrative and design leadership to design, implement, and polish compelling player-centric narrative experiences
• Prototype narrative-based gameplay within the engine to test our new ideas through an iterative process.
• Communicate progress to production.
• Contribute to the current and future vision of the studio’s design philosophies.
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid
• A good work environment
• Flexible working hours