"Drive the further success of Delicious World with 770K MAU across the globe"
What You'll Be Up To
As a successful Game Director in Barcelona you will be P&L responsible for the Delicious World game (Close to 5 Mio downloads in 2020 and avg. 770K MAU) and you will balance strong day to day execution with a religious focus on building the right team for the long haul. Combining personalities, qualities and weaknesses within a team into a relentless desire to craft ever better casual story games. You are a generalist with the ability to rally the team behind your long-term vision and know how to set a challenging and inspiring agenda and roadmap that is aligned with that of the company and all other teams within GameHouse and one that serves our players.
A leader within GameHouse enjoys autonomy, embraces our purpose and is always developing his or her own craftsmanship. At the same time we expect a leader to give autonomy and make the development of each individual in the team a top priority. Curiosity is in your DNA as you try to understand how other studios and teams within GameHouse and the wider industry craft exceptional games.
You report directly to the CEO and are constantly synching with your team members and relevant stakeholders inside and outside the company.
When are you doing a good job?
* There is trust, collaboration and honest conversations in the team and with stakeholders that result in high motivation and in joy in working together
* You have attracted new talent that have joined and strengthened the team
* Together with the team, you have successfully launched the new game that delights our players
* Running a strategic plan for how to grow Delicious World in the next 6 months
* Overview with prioritised ideas for future releases with clear goals
* Successfully integrated key learns from earlier releases in new features and optimisations
* Helped build a process for actionable analytics to design and educated design on how to incorporate
* Together with production have created a process for constant releasing and A/B testing together with Backend and Design.
* When you are generally a nice person to work with and we can have some fun too ??
Why You're Awesome
* 5+ years in mobile F2P managing a multidisciplinary team of 20+ people in a leadership role while driving a financially successful game from concept to launch
* Extensive experience leading and scaling a multidisciplinary team of a F2P casual game and assessing the team scale needs on each stage of the development process
* Strong awareness of F2P market changes & opportunities, understanding how top games function and what their key success drivers are
* Ability to communicate with stakeholders on the progress of the game as well as sharing expectations with the team in a clear and open way
* High understanding of player mindsets especially regarding user experience, monetisation and retention
* Proven track record of being a successful leader, with plenty of examples of how you have made others grow (and sometimes go) beyond what they thought possible
* You love sharing your team’s ideas and absorbing best practices from others to keep your team inspired and motivated.
* You feel comfortable and are skilled at communicating focus, vision and “the why” to your team and the company as a whole
* A need to succeed as a team or as we say it "to build a cultural phenomenon"
* You are ready to relocate to Barcelona when it's safe
* Own the overall composition, health and direction of the team
* In close collaboration with your team, you set and drive a strong vision and drive progress for Delicious World and manage the team P&L
* Facilitate intrinsically motivated professionals to deliver results. Most of the time you just get out of their way. Other times you unblock and coach them to a better solution
* Develop the team and craftsmanship of individual team members
* You constantly challenge the status quo and bring rest and trust from your experience running free to play games
* Build and execute the product roadmap and development plan, defining the most adapted ways of working to achieve success. Proactively identify, prioritise, resolve development issues as they arise together with team leads
* Define forecasts and market targets for the game at every stage, taking an iterative approach to features during market testing, and post launch
* Ensure clear & timely communication with GameHouse stakeholders
What Makes Us Awesome
* We are a medium-sized stable company with approx. 100 people that has been around for the last 15 years
* Be part of a creative team that is driven by characters and their worlds, be part of early product development, and drive how our players will be engaged with our game for the next 10 years
* Low hierarchy, ability to work autonomous without needless sign-off
* Social culture with good team spirit, eager to learn from your experience
* Have a good work/life balance and work in a family-friendly environment
* Studio Bonus: There is a direct link between the creators’ input and the success or failure of a game. Therefore 5% of the net revenue of a game will be contributed to a studio bonus pool annually, uncapped
* Restaurant card that allows you to purchase a free lunch at places of your choice
* Employee Book Buying Program
* Public transport card
* Language classes
* Sports program (½ off)