We’re looking for a Porting Engineer to join our team. As a Porting Engineer you will work in the implementation/programming of gameplay and UI-related features into our own games.
You will also help us develop all in-house technology that we use to work with current and next-gen consoles.
2Awesome Studio is an independent game development studio and indie publisher whose mission is to add awesomeness to reality by developing video games with new and addictive mechanics and finding games that are equally awesome to publish. No matter the genre, platform, or IP, we bring great ideas to life. Our teams work, among other titles, our new unannounced title, a 2D cyberpunk action platformer with a focus on combat and mobility, Aeon Drive, the Switch version of Othercide (a AAA game from Focus interactive), the Xbox one/Series X version of Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (by Ustwo games) and more…. for all major consoles and PC.
Our website is: http://www.2awesomestudio.com
Please send your application to: jobs at 2awesomestudio dot com, using the following subject line: 2Awesome Studio - Porting Engineer
Join us and help us bring great ideas to life !
* Portfolio / samples of your work
* Passion for video games
* Knowledge of OOP concepts and any OOP language (C++, C#, Java, etc.)
* Strong problem solving skills
* 3+ years of industry experience within a recognised game engine (UE4, Unity, Gamemaker or in-house solutions such as frostbite)
* Experience with current-gen (Xbox One, PS4, Switch) console development
* Good English oral and written communication skills
* Good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and a great team-player
* Good communication and problem-solving skills
* Have a proactive work ethic
* Knowledge/Experience in C++
* Knowledge/Experience in GameMaker / Unity and/or Unreal Engine / Monogame
* 1+ published titles: Game porting can be long and/or complex. However, having at least one published game can show that you are familiar with the full development process and the challenges that are ahead
* Experience integrating Multiplayer features
* Experience with next-gen (Xbox X, PS5) console development
* Experience with mobile platforms such as Android and iOS
* Basic knowledge of 3D editors and other game engines
* General knowledge of design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
* Availability in the EU timezone
As a Porting Engineer you will be part of the development team, working closely with designers, producers, artists and game programmers. You will be developing game ports to current and next gen consoles
* A good working environment within a group of motivated colleagues
* Flexible schedule, core hours are 10am to 4pm CEST
* Horizontal and agile organization
* Passion for video games
* Full time, 36h week
* Weekly team building activities, such as playing games together or having remote social drinks.
And many more things that you will discover... join us to find out!