Out of the Blue Games (https://outbluegames.com/) is a games company based in Madrid, Spain, developers of the award-winning game Call of the Sea. We are a group of veteran developers who want to live doing what they love most: games. After working together in several companies, we have decided to start a new adventure where we can develop our own ideas.
We would like to grow slowly, to keep a healthy environment of communication and transparency. We advocate for quality of life and respect for each and every one of us. We trust in the responsibility and experience of the team, and we work in an agile and goal-oriented way, enabling flexible schedules and work from home.
Our purpose is to make games with quality and attention to detail. We like to create coherent and lively stories, environments and worlds that resonate with our players. We want them to have fun, to feel, to experience those stories. And that together we can feel proud of our work.
We’re looking for a highly creative and motivated Senior Technical Artist to join the team. The role will be fully remote and to start in September.
• Expert Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 rendering and optimization
• Experience creating advanced shaders and materials using UE4
• Technical proficiency in 3D workflow areas like modeling, texturing, lighting & rendering
• High work ethic, positive attitude, self-motivation and a great team-player
• +5 years of experience in the video games industry with a track record of shipped projects
• At least 1 Published Game (PC or Console)
• Passion for Games
• A track record involving VR development (Oculus Rift/Quest, HTC Vive, PSVR...) is a plus
• Experience writing plugins/customizing 3D tools like Maya/3DS Max
• Computer programming/scripting experience
• Availability in the EU timezone
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
• Collaborate with the Art Director to implement the desired visuals in game
• Creating advanced shaders and materials
• Iterate and improve our dynamic lighting pipeline
• Optimizing performance on all projects
• Solve technical production issues, define workflows, streamline processes, and develop tools/frameworks for art, working in conjunction with art team and the programming team
• Participate in pre-production planning to determine and address technical design requirements and issues.
• Train artists in the skills necessary to execute the art path efficiently
• Produce documentation on tools, methods, training, processes, and engine constraints for future reference and consultation.
• Full time Permanent contract.
• Flexible schedule, core hours are 11am to 5pm CET
• Work from home (you will continue working from home post-covid).
• To start in September.
• A super nice work environment!