We’re looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001 with its headquarter in New Jersey, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games with offices in the US, Spain and Eastern Europe. It is one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Evil Dead, Quake Champions, World War Z and developed and published NBA Playgrounds and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 for all major consoles and PC.
Please include in your application a portfolio that shows examples of your work as a game designer and your related experience with Unreal Engine. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Senior Sound Designer
• Experienced sound designer with strong experience working in the AAA video game industry, having worked on a minimum of three shipped titles in the role of Sound Designer and a minimum of five years in the industry.
• Excellent sound design skills, regarding technical understanding and creative solutions
• Broad experience with Unreal Engine editor.
• Background working with one or more established game audio systems (FMod, WWise, etc.)
• Professional recording experience - location and studio-based
• Experience working with the audio workflows, pipelines, and systems of the game
• Advanced experience with DAWs, audio plugins and tools.
• Degree in audio design/engineering
• Demo reel or audio portfolio including representative examples of sound design experience.
• In house position, not remote.
• Familiarity with QA processes and bug tracking
• Advanced experience with Nuendo or Cubase software.
• Experience in Perforce or other version control software
• Experience mixing in multichannel setups (5.1 and 7.1) for PC and consoles.
• Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills
• Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
• Collaborate with our Audio Director and Team Leads to establish an audio style for each game
• Produce sound effects and audio assets using pre-recorded material or synthesis, recording, foley recording etc
• In game implementation using Unreal Engine 4 and 5
• Collaborate with programmers and designers to make sure excellent audio reflecting the game vision
• Ensure audio is of high quality and consistent on all device speakers setup and all platforms
• Setup, establish and document audio production for games
• Provide audio support for trailers and additional media.
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid
• Flexible working hours