Project: PANGEA: Beyond Extinction
PANGEA: Beyond Extinction is looking for two Coders to join our indie team as we enter the next stage of development for our brand-new AAA MMORPG. This is a fixed-term, flexible-working contract, with parameters set within milestones instead of fixed working hours; with the possibility of extension and progression after this initial phase of production has been delivered. This role is for someone looking to grow with the studio and the project, as attention around and excitement for our first game increases; either as a Coder or potentially into a Technical Director position. Alternatively, it could suit someone looking for a short freelance contract. A love of all things dino and fantasy will be huge plus!
PANGEA: Beyond Extinction is the next essential open-world massive multiplayer online role-playing game for PC. It’s the world that gamers have been waiting for, ushering in a new generation of online gaming. PANGEA is a fantasy universe where a ripple in time has forced humans and dinosaurs to cohabitate. The playable civilisations take inspiration from many seen throughout our history; players will be immersed in the worlds of races that echo the cultures of Germanic Tribes, Feudal Japan, Indigenous America, Industrialist Victorians and many more. Players will form guilds, embark on raids and hone their skills whilst exploring a rich and diverse world full of perilous adventure. They will hunt, breed and ride a variety of extinct species, whilst engaging with a bountiful tapestry of narratives that puts the fate of Pangea in the hands of the player and their dinosaur companions.
PANGEA: Beyond Extinction is powered by a small team of creatives from a range of backgrounds that came together during the pandemic, as a result of having a lot of time on our hands. Our backgrounds range from professional environment art teachers, specialist creature artists, video game developers, game and narrative designers, producers and project managers, illustrators and paleo artists. We’ve come together thanks to our love of game development, prehistoric creatures and fantasy narratives, across different time zones to work on this hugely ambitious project.
The project team have acquired the funds via a successful Kickstarter campaign to employ two Coders that will help us to create a vertical slice that shows off the game’s core mechanics in a basic game environment.
• Extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine
• Proficiency in C++ and GitHub
• Knowledge of developing AAA games for PC
• Exceptional communication skills and application of the English language
• Ideally, experience in cross-department workflows between Coding and Art (Technical Direction) • A love of all things dino and fantasy will be huge plus!
• Feed into and advise the leadership team on the best course of action to deliver the Vertical Slice • Work with the other Coder and the wider team to deliver on each core mechanic as per the specification defined with the leadership team: for example, player and creature mechanics, combat, gameplay and our own taming system
• Problem-solve any engine issues with the wider team
• Be the first port of call for the wider team on any engine-based queries
• Fixed term, between February-April 2022
• Flexible working; based on completion of milestones to be agreed and on completion of Vertical Slice to specification (rather than fixed hours of work)
• £3,450 per Coder (paid in 3x monthly instalments)
• Self-employed basis; to receive funds, an invoice must be submitted