We are looking for a Principal Writer to join our team in Madrid to work on a new AAA shooter. As Principal Writer, you will be responsible for all scripts and narrative content and work with all departments of our development team. There will be initial support from the main Saber story department, eventually transitioning to a role working exclusively with the Madrid team on this and other games.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games in Russia/Eastern Europe and one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Quake Champions and developed and published NBA Playgrounds for all major consoles and PC.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Email your resume to email@example.com using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Principal Writer
• Native English speaker, some Spanish is a plus but not necessary
• Experience writing story, VO, lore and/or in-game text on published games
• Strong dialogue and character skills
• Solid understanding of game dialogue
• Due to the time zone (CET), candidates living in Europe are preferable, but we are very flexible with location and remote work. Willingness to move to Madrid or visit regularly is encouraged but not necessary.
• Writing all on-screen text and voice over scripts, including in-game and cinematics
• Generating worldbuilding documentation and guides
• Creating tutorials
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid
• A good work environment
• Flexible working hours
• Fresh fruit, coffee and beverages at the office
Saber Interactive Spain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and specially to the gender equality. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Saber Interactive Spain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.