We’re looking for an Environment 3D Artist to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As an Environment 3D Artist, you’ll be responsible for creating compelling realistic 3D models and modular kits as well as integrating them into our game engine. Our team works with Unreal Engine 5, so besides being able to quickly adapt to new technologies and engines, the position requires experience with a real-time engine such as Unreal Engine 4 or Unity. Experience in Unreal Engine and it’s shader/material system along with experience in performance optimization is a plus, as well as knowledge about foliage and vegetation creation.
Saber Interactive is a U.S.-based developer and publisher of video games. Consisting of over 20 studios and more than 2,500 employees worldwide, we are one of the key operative business units of Embracer Group, which is one of the biggest videogame companies in the world with around 14000 employees.
Creating and/or publishing games for all major platforms based on original and licensed IPs, Saber’s current and upcoming titles include Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2, World War Z, Evil Dead: The Game, SnowRunner and A Quiet Place. Founded in 2001, Saber is also known for two decades of development partnerships with AAA publishers, producing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Nintendo Switch, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Crysis Remastered, and many others.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org , using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Environment 3D Artist.
Please, include in your application a portfolio that shows examples of your work as a 3D artist and a CV with your related experience within real-time 3D engines. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered. Cover and recommendation letters will be positively considered.
• Strong understanding of PBR materials.
• Experience in realistic modeling/texturing workflows for environment (modular kits, tileables, Custom Normals, trims & full bake knowledge required).
• Experience in game engines, such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
• Comprehensive knowledge in software applications such as Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter / Designer and Adobe Photoshop.
• Strong understanding of 3D optimization techniques.
• Eager to learn new techniques and software.
• Experience with SpeedTree.
• Experience in shader creation for Unreal.
• Experience with Houdini.
• Shipped AAA quality project on current or next generation consoles / PC.
• Experience as an artist in the game industry.
• Good communication skills in English and Spanish.
• University degree or equivalent in Art.
• Create realistic exceptional assets and environments from concepts by using the latest industry tools and workflow approaches in a clean and optimized way.
• Integrate content in game engine.
• Work on World Building.
• Be a team player sharing content with colleagues and following Leads and Designers guidance to generate immersive areas.
• Be proactive communicating the team where are you up to so that the department can keep consistency along the level.
• Be able to receive and provide critique at a professional level.
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• Flexible working hours
• Flexible remote work
• Fresh fruit, coffee and beverages at the office
Saber Interactive Spain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and specially to the gender equality. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Saber Interactive Spain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.