We are a dynamic interdisciplinary team at Blackmouth Games (https://www.blackmouthgames.com), an indie studio driven by a vision to redefine the landscape of next-generation online gaming.
At Blackmouth Games, we strive to innovate and create unique experiences that push the boundaries of what is possible in the gaming industry. To achieve this, we are currently seeking a full-time Lead Artist to join our talented team.
Are you in?
- +8 years of industry experience.
- +2 years of team leadership experience (be an independent and proactive person).
- Expertise in creating stylized art for 3D games (open world games.)
- Proficient in technical art (understanding of artistic principles applied to Concept, 2D/UI y 3D.)
- Excellent knowledge of 3D software (Blender, Substance, etc.)
- Verbal and written communication skills in English B2.
- Proven experience in managing art teams within a hybrid work environment.
- Familiarity with artistic techniques, approaches, and technology, along with the capacity to clearly communicate requirements and provide feedback on these subjects to subject matter experts.
- Comfortable working in Unity/Unreal (knowledge of scripting and experience in Unreal Blueprints.)
- Proficiency in driving production processes (pipelines and workflows) and utilizing tools such as Agile (Jira).
- Exceptional organizational skills, meticulous planning, and keen attention to detail. The ability to effectively structure and manage complex information.
- Strong communication skills that facilitate clear interactions across teams, disciplines, and various stakeholders.
- Residence in Madrid is preferred, although remote work options are available.
- Adopt a comprehensive art direction strategy and deliver artistic assets for performances, milestones and launches:
* Schedule weekly meetings with the art department for updates and follow-ups.
- Serve as a vital liaison between the artistic and production teams, ensuring effective communication of needs, identifying dependencies and addressing challenges:
* Collaborate with marketing department to improve the quality of artistic deliverables and align with marketing strategies.
* Streamline the artistic developer hiring process with HR.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline artistic team workflow.
- Establish quality control measures and review mechanisms to support production, ensuring top-notch results both internally and externally.
- Champion team values and cultivate an inspiring and productive team culture.
- We make games with a strong craftsmanship component to which all team members actively contribute.
- Work-life balance is something we respect, protect and encourage through flexible hours.
- We do not feed the crunch culture.
- Possibility of continuous working hours and flexible start times.
- Constant improvement of our tools and processes so you can focus on creativity.
- Excellent working environment in the company of qualified professionals, who will help you make the most of your potential.
- Salary according to experience and skills.
If you want to be part of our team, send us your CV and a link to your portfolio/reel to:
firstname.lastname@example.org // Subject: "[Lead Artist] - Candidate name".
* All samples received will be considered confidential.