We’re looking for an Art Director to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As Art Director, you’ll be responsible to oversee, direct and coach our art department in Spain, which defines the visual style and art production pipeline for all titles produced by our Madrid studio. Our team works with Unreal Engine 4, so besides being able to quickly adapt to new technologies and engines and an outstanding ability to define and produce high-quality art for games, the position requires an extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine to help and direct the team in all aspects of the visual development of our titles and the performance optimizations for the target platforms.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games and one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Quake Champions and developed and published NBA Playgrounds for all major consoles and PC.
Please include in your application a portfolio that shows examples of your work as Lead Artist/Art Director and your related experience with Unreal Engine 4. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered.
Send your application to email@example.com, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Art Director
• A minimum of 3 years’ previous experience as Art Lead or a similar lead artist role
• Ability to clearly communicate and direct the visual vision of game projects and to keep them visually appealing and within the set performance targets
• Ability to work in different styles and to adapt quickly to new styles
• A keen eye for aesthetics, composition, color, lighting, design, and style
• Experience in 3D applications, such as Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Maya, ZBrush
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Unreal Engine 4 including related asset workflows
• Ability to mentor and coach other artists
• Strong communication skills in English
• University degree in Art or Design
• Experience in various other art fields, such as movies, comics etc.
• Speaking and understanding Spanish
• Leading and directing the art team and the development of concepts and in-game assets
• Working directly with the producers, production director, and studio director to create a visual style and vision for the projects and execute it
• Ensuring the quality of the created art assets created by the local team as well as the asset created by the other Saber Interactive art teams who participate in the production
• Report and work together with Saber Interactive’s Global Art Director to create a vision for the art team in Madrid
• Tracking workload and tasks of the Madrid art team
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• Flexible working hours