We’re looking for a Technical Artist to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As Technical Artist you will work in the implementation and optimization of our art assets. You’ll closely work with the artists and programmers to bridge and facilitate the communication between both departments and you will almost be as much a programmer as an artist, helping with the creation of appealing shaders, integrated art-related features and optimizing the art pipeline. Besides implementing new features and elements, you’ll also review and improve existing implementations and help the team to deliver the best possible experience to our players.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games in Russia/Eastern Europe and one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Quake Champions and developed and published NBA Playgrounds for all major consoles and PC.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Along with your application, please send us samples demonstrating your experience with the required skills.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Technical Artist
• Passion for video games
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4, especially with the creation of complex materials, particle effects, lighting, animations, and platform optimizations
• Knowledge of OOP concepts and any OOP language (C++, C#, Java, etc.)
• Analytical skills, creative thinking, and attention to details
• Ability to plan and estimate your tasks and ensure timely delivery of work
• Self-motivated and proactive with a strong work ethic, good collaboration skills
• Experience with current-gen (Xbox One, PS4 etc.) console development
• Ability to create 3d models, animations, and rigs
• Experience with HLSL and/or GLSL shader development and programming
• Experience with mobile platforms such as Android and iOS
• Basic knowledge of ZBrush, Substance Painter and other game engines
• General knowledge of design patterns, algorithms, and data structures
• Facilitate communication between programming and art
• Develop, Integrate and optimize graphic-related features, such as specific animation systems
• Develop and optimize shaders together with the art team
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• Flexible working hours