Mediatonic is a leading independent developer, focused on building and operating live games. We’ve been in business for 13 years and with a development team of over 120 people, we’re one of the largest independent studios in the UK.
With studios in London, Brighton and Madrid, we’re committed to developing best in class titles that entertain millions of players.
We are super excited to announce the expansion of our third studio which is based in beautiful, sunny Madrid. We are looking for a Game Developer to join this adventure and be one of the first core members to help grow the studio. You will be part of a world-class group of programmers building original games for a variety of platforms, including Xbox One, mobile and Steam.
We’re looking for someone who has the following:
- Excellent programming skills in C# and / or C++, with a deep understanding of OOP and coding best practices.
- A portfolio of commercial game titles under your belt.
- Familiarity with game engines like Unity (preferably) or Unreal.
- A strong passion for computer games programming.
- A clear understanding of the particular challenges in game development, such as art workflow, performance optimisations, memory management and supporting multiple platforms.
- Experience using source control systems such as SVN, Git & Perforce.
Strong maths skills.
- A strong level of spoken and written English to communicate with the London team.
- Love making games!
- Programming for consoles (Xbox One preferably) including an understanding of TCRs/TRCs and the certification process.
- Experience with modern graphics programming, including Cg/HLSL and/or compute shaders, is a strong plus.
- Experience with mobile SDKs (Android & iOS) and frameworks (e.g. 2DToolkit).
- Understanding of client / server communication and data serialisation.
- Understanding of 2D and 3D animation principles.
- Experience with build scripts and systems i.e. Jenkins, Team City, Ant, Make etc...
- Experience using and scripting common art and 3D software packages (Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender...) is a plus.
Working alongside our Client-side engineering team, you will be part of a world-class group of programmers building original games for a variety of platforms. You will be responsible for planning and implementing game features and tools, and help the production team to bring game concepts to life. You will be passionate about games and understand how to leverage technology to make the magic happen. You’ll have a comprehensive understanding of hardware and system limitations, and be prepared to think laterally about how to achieve awesome gameplay and visuals.
Being part of a multi-discipline team we’ll also expect you to keep abreast of technologies outside your area, and encourage you to share your own expertise with the rest of the team.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us.
We take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
Working in small and ambitious teams we strive for minimal hierarchy. Our philosophy is open and informal whilst also being really hardworking.
- Salary based on experience.
- Permanent contract, full-time job and excellent Social Benefits.
- Career-development opportunities.
- An exceptional, dynamic, demanding and motivating working environment within a growing company.
- Awesome trips to our London office.
- Excellent local working conditions, great location in Madrid.