We are currently seeking motivated and skilled Senior Gameplay Programmers. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the candidate will collaborate with Designers to define (or improve) features and interactions between player and game.
To apply, please follow this link: http://smrtr.io/DPw5
- Experience in gaming industry, with at least 5 years as Gameplay Programmer or similar position.
- Strong knowledge of C++, and solid understanding of object-oriented programming. Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Passion for creating and playing many game genres.
- Autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Problem-solving and open minded attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Preferably several years of professional experience.
- Previous experience working as a Gameplay Programmer in a FPS title is a plus
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Share knowledge and open to learn from others.
- Very fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Works on tasks assigned by the Lead Programmer.
- Keeps player comfort into account when making implementation decisions.
- Creates latency-free, reactive interactions.
- Prototypes features and carries out iterative playtests.
- Uses metrics to detect regressions in gameplay that harm the game feel.
- Studies game and level design documents, and gives feedback on feasibility.
- Identifies missing details in feature requests and breaks down the tasks into modules that can be implemented and tested.
- Be a reference for the Gameplay Programming team in relation to various Programming elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise
- Produces efficient code and participates in architecture and code reviews.
- Writes portable code.
- Solves bugs and issues.
- Manage workload and time autonomously within the tasks assigned and to deliver to specification and schedule;
- Be a representative of Ubisoft Barcelona culture (development of standards, procedures and processes)
- Competitive Salary
- Benefit Package
- Flexible Work Schedule
- 25 working days of vacations + your birthday
- AAA projects