We’re looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As a Game Designer, you will responsible for the design, configuration, and balancing of gameplay elements and systems. You’ll evaluate and improve existing gameplay systems and mechanics to ensure the highest level of fun. For the integration, you’ll have to work closely together with the game programmers, artists, and production staff.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001 with its headquarter in New Jersey, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games with offices in the US, Spain and Eastern Europe. It is one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Evil Dead, Quake Champions, World War Z and developed and published NBA Playgrounds and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 for all major consoles and PC.
Our website is: http://www.saber3d.com
Please include in your application a portfolio that shows examples of your work as a game designer and your related experience with Unreal Engine. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Senior Game Designer
• Minimum 3 years of experience and at least one title published as game designer
• Throughout understanding of game system design, game mechanics and how to document everything and how to bring it to life
• Experience with game design relevant tools
• Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly define and communicate design ideas
• B2-C1 English
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
• Experience with Unreal Engine
• Experience with game balancing and balancing approaches
• Ability to prototype ideas in a game engine
• Level design experience will be taken into account.
• Design, configuration, and balancing of gameplay elements and systems
• Evaluation and iteration of gameplay systems to ensure the best possible gameplay experience
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• Flexible working hours
• Flexible remote work
• Fresh fruit, coffee and beverages at the office
Saber Interactive Spain is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and specially to the gender equality. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Saber Interactive Spain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.