We’re looking for a Game Designer to join our team in Madrid, Spain.
As a Game Designer, you will responsible for the design, configuration, and balancing of gameplay elements and systems. Your primary tool will be, besides common documentation tools, Unreal Engine 4 and experience with Unreal Engine 4 is a requirement for this position. You’ll also evaluate and improve existing gameplay systems and mechanics to ensure the highest level of fun. For the integration, you’ll have to work closely together with the game programmers, artists, and production staff.
Saber Interactive is one of the world’s leading independent developers of interactive games and entertainment, with an unrivaled ability to deliver on a wide range of concepts. Founded in 2001, Saber has grown into one of the largest and longest-standing developers of interactive games in Russia/Eastern Europe and one of the few remaining independent game studios producing AAA content. No matter the genre, platform, or property, we bring AAA skill sets, cutting-edge technologies, and uncompromising inventiveness to everything we do. Our goal is to focus on extremely high-quality experiences that rival the best in the industry. Our teams work, among other titles, on Quake Champions and developed and published NBA Playgrounds for all major consoles and PC.
Please include in your application a portfolio that shows examples of your work as a game designer and your related experience with Unreal Engine 4. Applications without a portfolio cannot be considered.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the following subject line: Saber Interactive Spain - Game Designer
• Minimum 1 year of experience as game designer
• Throughout understanding of game system design, game mechanics and how to document everything and how to bring it to life
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4, especially with the Blueprint System
• Experience with game design relevant tools
• Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly define and communicate design ideas
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
• Experience with game balancing and balancing approaches
• Ability to prototype ideas in a game engine
• Fluent in English (written and oral)
• Design, configuration, and balancing of gameplay elements and systems
• Evaluation and iteration of gameplay systems to ensure the best possible gameplay experience
• Opportunity to work with a great international team of professionals on the next generation of AAA titles
• Salary based on experience
• Permanent, full-time contract
• On-site work in our office in Alcobendas, Madrid
• Flexible working hours