We are looking for a Network Programmer to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
- Experience developing at least one real-time multiplayer game
- Good knowledge of Photon Unity Network, CCU, or similar.
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects
- Strong maths skills and programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Understanding of performance considerations, memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimisation
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Engineers code
- A strong passion for making games
- Contribute expertise and assistance in choosing real-time multiplayer network technologies
- Research and implement multiplayer game mechanics and infrastructure for the studio.
- Take ownership of project features in this area from start to finish including prototyping, architecture, profiling and maintenance
- Collaborating with server team on integration approaches
- Support junior members of the team, building up their skills and upholding best practice in this area
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results for mobile and console and perform well
- Identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and generate solutions to overcome the identified risks
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer industry leading salaries, flexible working hours including remote working and other benefits such as private healthcare and dental care.