Nexxyo Labs is an international company dedicated to the development of software and videogames.
We are looking for a COMBAT DESIGNER to join our team, at our offices in Pamplona (Navarra) or work remotely (in Spain)
· 2-3 year of design experience in video games.
· Design credits on at least one title where you were responsible for major parts of the design of combat and the player character, including melee.
· Experience writing design documents for features or content.
· Extensive knowledge and understanding of first-person and third-person shooters and action games, with an ability to analyze and discuss mechanics, encounters and player actions.
· Ability to learn and adapt quickly to the vision set forth by Directors and Leads.
· Knowledge of recent action games and trends in the market and the ability to apply insights from them.
· Ability to handle ownership and have autonomy to take decisions based on the game design goals
· Experience working in a collaborative environment with cross disciplinary groups.
· Big plus, experience working hands-on with Unreal Engine to implement & tweak your designs
· A focus on player experience.
· Experience with F2P shooters
· Knowledge of web3, blockchain and NFT technology is a plus
· Create features and content for combat, including the player's abilities, tools, and melee, and ranged weapons.
· Partner with other designers to ensure the core player mechanics (character, camera, and controls) work well with the combat gameplay.
· Write design documents and plan execution on features to support the creative director's vision.
· Create understanding and enthusiasm for designs by presenting them, explaining them in different forms, and taking feedback from the team.
· Create and guide prototypes that answer important questions about a design.
· Implement new features and content and develop them to completion, using our in-house tools and visual scripting
· Work with art, animation, audio, visual effects, and programming to identify risks early and develop features and content
· Collect and use qualitative data (playtest, usability, and customer feedback) and quantitative data (telemetry and analytics) to inform your designs.
· Provide relevant, constructive design feedback to other designers.
· Guide & collaborate with other designers towards the same combat design goals
· Industry competitive salary based on experience and skills.
· Flexible working hours.
· Reduced working hours in August.
· Participate in the AAA videogame company with the greatest projection in Spain.
· Being part of a studio with a team of more than 120 professionals in Marketing, Videogames and Blockchain.
· Opportunity to grow within an expanding company.